Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Week Of Ups and Downs and The Bathmat

Been an interesting week or so for this family of mine.

Work has been extra busy for hubby and I, we are both having some time off work for the next couple of weeks so tidying up all the jobs we have for hand over, well busy is probably not even close to what it has been. He has another couple of days, but last night was my last day at work until early August - bliss.

I am heading over to Blogopolis in Melbourne, well I hope to be, but for some reason my pain levels have hit an all time high, and I am really worried about how I will cope walking and standing, so I have been contemplating not going, still undecided, and luckily I have a few days to pull out and not lose my money for airfares and hotel accommodation. I really want to go, so maybe I will tough it out.

Last week, my middle daughter and eldest grand-daughter ended up with a water feature in their bathroom, a pipe burst somewhere inside the wall and bulging plaster and leaking tiles became an interesting feature to say the least. Consequently, they came over to our place for showers (luckily we live about 2 mins drive away) for a few days while it was being fixed. Don't know about you, but all my family use bath sheets (extra large towels) rather than the normal bath towel size. And it just so happens a few months ago when my grand-daughter was staying with us overnight, I gave her a normal smaller size bath towel I happened to still have. After her shower she said to me, Grandma - you gave me a bath mat instead of a towel, well I had to laugh as it really was a towel not a bath mat, just not the size she is used to. Well what happened last week was that her Mum did give her a bath mat by mistake and sweetie that she is, my grand-daughter used it as she knew her Mum was in our 2nd bathroom still having a shower. I am still giggling about it even now thinking about her trying to stay warm while drying herself with a little rectangle of towel, it was really cold over here last week.

This morning my Mum rang to say she had taken a tumble yesterday afternoon and dislocated her shoulder! Mum is 79 1/2 so tumbles are not good at her age. But luckily she has good strong bones and apart from now having to wear a sling for 2 weeks and have some physio, she is okay. The reason she fell is that she nearly sat on her cat and jumped up so fast that she twisted and lost her balance, taking out a spare chair on the way down to the floor. I had to laugh when she told me the paramedics have to give her a giant wedgie to lift her up. Good on her for seeing the funny side and being so strong and courageous, not sure that I could do that in the same circumstances.

So a week of ups and downs and funny tales about bath mats, but looking forward to some time off work, maybe getting some painting done - well I choose the colours and hubby does the work, some nice lunches out and about and maybe, just maybe, heading over to my favourite city of Melbourne.

5 comments:

  1. What a busy, busy, challenging week. For you all.

    I hope that your mama is OK, that the bathroom dramas have been sorted and that your pain settles and you get to Melbourne.

    Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mum heals soon, you have had a bad trot lately keep well. Hope you get away might be just what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time off and here's hoping you make it to your blogopolis. I will keep your mom in my thoughts and hope she heals up quickly. She sounds like my kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just (one handed) typed (on my blog) why I am absent but you beat me to it which is good so thanks. The flowers you sent were truly gorgeous; was great to have you visit today and thanks for the lunch too. As you can see Pop is looking after me really well.
    I hope you can make it to Melbourne as i know how much you enjoyed your last blogging trip.
    Thanks again for everything. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a water feature in my bathroom too. It's called a shower....
    Have fun at Blogopolis.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails