Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Sunday, February 6, 2011

Not The Normal Type Of Grandma?

So I was thinking today, Do I fit the mold for a Grandma or Nanna?

Are Grandmas suppose a stay at home, bake, sew, knit, be all round lovely clean living ladies?

So ...

How about one who loves to drive fast cars.

How about one who never bakes (or cooks for that matter, unless she absolutely has too)

How about one who never sews, even buttons unless her hubby asks really nicely

How about one who can no longer knit (and never did a lot before anyway) because of arthritic fingers

How about one who love all things vampire, especially the TV Series True Blood oh and just loves the theme song

How about one who has days when she just wants to hang around in her nightie

How about one that loves all things Star Trek and Stargate and Battlestar Galactica... who would love to fly to the stars

How about one who hates housework

How about one who loves to read crime and thrillers and not romance novels

How about one who loves her grandchildren so much it hurts - yep I think the last one is all that should matter ... the rest, well they just make me interesting - what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. 100% agreement here!! There isn't one grandma alive who is the "storytale" variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that you're old enough, but you'd make the perfect Grandmother for me. We'd watch Stargate together, you'd sympathise with my hatred of HomeEc at school and still love me!

    Your grandchildren are incredibly lucky - you've already shown us how adored they are.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails