Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Day The Thieves Came To Call

Monday, I woke up feeling like crap, thought about having the day off, but had a meeting that was important for someone else, so soldiered on and went to work.

Was that a good thing or not?

Because sometime that day, thieves came a calling on our house.

Would they not have come if I was home, or would they have come anyway and then I would had the whole home invasion thing.

You see, they came not to steal from our house, although they did that too, they came to take my hubby's car (and possibly mine).  Hubby drove a Subaru Impreza WRX, pearl white in colour with leather seats and sunroof.  The car he had wanted for so long and finally could afford to buy.

Of course, hubby was at work and so they did what they do now, they ransack your house to find the spare car keys and then they come back later and steal your car.

We thought we had outsmarted them, we moved both our cars, but somehow they found hubby's car anyway.  It was just a kilometre or so away, but it is too random that they saw it there from a casual drive by as my daughter is not on a main road.  So they either followed us there when we were dropping it off, or they followed my daughter home when she dropped us back here.  All of that leaves an unsavoury taste in my mouth, but I refuse to get paranoid, well not much anyway.

The bastards, broke into my daughter's car, pushed it out of the way and drove off in hubby's.  The hysterical phone call I got from my daughter at 7am in the morning was horrible.  I felt horrible for her, she felt horrible for us.  To make matters worse, she had already had been broken into and robbed before, once when she and my grand-daughter were asleep so it bought back so many memories for her.

My car was safely tucked away at a friends, who also lives fairly close by and is now hidden somewhere else waiting for the new electronic key to come from the Eastern States.

The forensic policewoman told us they were after the car as soon as she saw hubby's car in the driveway, after checking the house for fingerprints and finding none, she told us they were professionals, she could tell by the way they wiped things clean.  Her theory was they knew our routine, that's a little scary too.

Hubby doesn't want his car back, he hopes it's gone for good.  Of course, if we get it back we will sell it quickly and get him a new one.

It is quite sad that someone covets something you have worked so hard for, feels that it is okay to just come and take it.  I am consoling myself in the fact that I am surrounded by so many good people, so the few bad apples can not break me down.  Hubby is not coping that well, his depression is back BIG TIME.  He just can't understand how someone thinks it is okay to do this.  He will be okay though, cause he has me and a great family that will work to keep him well.  His work is also being supportive which is good.

To me, the most important things in my life are my family, friends and animals.  As long as they are all safe, then my world is okay.  Sure I lost lots, all my jewelry including my Aunt's pearls.  Also gone is my grandmothers canteen of cutlery, nearly 100 years old, silver with mother of pearl handles in a beautiful polished wooden canteen, lined with crushed velvet.  We didn't use it, but it had sentimental value.  But they are just things, irreplaceable things, but things none the less.

Life goes on, thieves came a calling, but they won't break me, because I just won't let them.


21 comments:

  1. Oh. Tears here. I am so sorry, both for you and for your husband. I am pleased that neither of you were physically hurt - but the emotional pains sometimes cut deeper. Re the thieves: some people are just oxygen thieves.
    I am always an email away if there is anything I can do.
    Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie. Trying to stay positive for hubby, he doesn't need to know just how devastated I am. Not so much because they were in my house, not so much because they stole some very precious stuff from me, but because it caused my daughter to be hysterical, and it is has broken my hubby's spirit and heart. So I will continue to be strong, until I can't any more and then I will find somewhere quiet and alone to have a weep before I bounce back again. xxx

      Delete
  2. What pigs, how dare they. But they do dare. A- holes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beyond my moral values that anyone can think it is okay to do this. Thanks for popping by xxx

      Delete
  3. OMG I am so sorry this has happened to you. There is a whole other sub culture of human (I refuse to call them people) out there who seem to think that everything is theirs for the taking. Change your locks, get a nasty dog and install a security system. It stinks I know, but you have to look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D, doing our best to move on and to look after ourselves. We have a better back door now (with deadlock), and all the deadlocks on the other doors are now rekeyed, so we are probably the safest we have ever been. Thanks for caring xxx

      Delete
  4. We have spoken several times since these horrible events took place and you know my views and you also know you have our support. That goes without saying.
    These people are the lowest scum on this earth of ours and most of the animals I have known are better than these low-life are.
    You are so wonderful as I know how you must feel and being strong for your other half is so important. Once again, if there is anything we can do just call us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bastards, people like this deserve pain.

    Sorry, am of the eye for an eye brigade and am so angry for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MM, they are the scum of the Earth, but they won't beat us because we won't let them. Thanks for popping by and showing your support. xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh K, I'm so so sorry. I just read about this on FB (your daughter posted about your rings). I'm just heartbroken. This makes me so angry. I'm glad you and your family are all okay, though. You're right, as long as your family is okay, everything else pales in comparison. But I understand the emotional turmoil and feeling of violation.

    I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Sending love from across the pond. And prayers. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K for your love and prayers, always welcome here. We are okay and doing our best to move on. xxx

      Delete
  7. What low life scum sucking bloody barstards! I am so cranky for you! What makes these people think they have a right to the property of others, property that they have not sweated blood and tears for? Not to mention the sentimental stuff! Gahhh, hope they find these mongrels and are dealt with swiftly by police AND THEN KARMA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that Karma gets them big time, I doubt the police will find them, but you never know, it would be good to get some of the sentimental things back. Thanks for popping by and being supportive. xxx

      Delete
  8. Holy crap, how awful!

    Thieves are among the lowest, taking what they want from the people who have earned it. Terrible.

    Best wishes from Minneapolis,

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pearl, it has suddenly hit me really hard this week, a week after the event. I appreciate you taking the time to comment and leave me good wishes, it all helps. xxx

      Delete
  9. Arrrrgh. That makes me so angry. But your attitude is better, I know. Karma needs to work faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by, I still am not angry, but just incredibly sad now. I'm sure the anger will hit me soon. I really hope Karma bites them hard though.

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry that this happened to your family. One of our neighbours was broken into recently. I've felt a bit unsettled ever since. I hope you feel better soon. I hope they catch the thieves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest part for us E was that the police told us we were targeted, it wasn't just a random break in. It is quite unsettling. I don't hold out hope that the police will catch them as they seem to have been hitting a lot of places around here. Thanks for commenting xxx

      Delete
  11. Oh! I'm so sorry this has happened. It happened to us when I was about 14. They were brazen enough to actually take it out of our driveway (pushing it) at around 4 in the morning. It wasn't a new car but it had literally just been refurbished completely. A complete overhaul. My parents felt so violated, particularly my mother. She was so upset.

    It was found by police weeks later, completely burned out. :(

    I'm hoping that insurance comes through quickly and your darling man can get a car he deserves, free of bad vibes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails