Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Monday, June 8, 2009

Friendship and Love

Last Friday I had lunch with one of my 'sisters' and we were talking about relationships and I came out with what I later considered to be brutal truths. Normally I am reluctant to say much about other people's relationships as I don't want to hurt people. I then worried all weekend that I may have overstepped the mark and so many times went to pick up the phone and call, but never had the courage.

Today I apologised for what I said. Having reflected all weekend I realised that I said what I said out of love for her, as I believe that she deserves to have a perfect life - she is full of love and caring for others, she deserves to be rewarded with the same love and caring in return.

She was not worried about what was said at all, as she could see why I was compelled to be so honest with her and appreciated my honesty.

I also realised that in the last 4 days I for the first time have said the words I love you to two of my sisters - I hope that they knew that through my actions, but for some reasons the words tumbled out of my mouth to both of them. Boy it felt good to say it out loud, I wonder if we actually say those three simple words often enough to the people in our lives that we love. We assume that they know through our actions - but maybe we need to say the words as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails