Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Thursday, August 20, 2009

Time


Have you noticed how your perception of time fluctuates - something that seems a long time away, is suddenly upon you and then past - and yet it seems that no time, well very little at most has passed - you feel like you are almost standing still and yet suddenly it is a year later.

Day to day seems the same - same stuff different day - seasons blend into one, and before you know it winter is almost over and spring is just around the corner.


Sofie left us on Tuesday and flew back to Sweden - she has been here nearly 12 months - and yet it seems like mere weeks since I took Beth to met her at the airport - this beautiful girl who became a part of our family.


12 months seemed like such a long time for her to be here away from her family, learning to adjust to us and our climate and our people. There were so many places I meant to take her, things I meant to talk to her about, experiences I wanted her to have with our family - it seemed like we had all the time in the world - and now she is gone and so little of the things I thought would happen did.


That is not to say we didn't have some great times and experiences, she became part of our family so easily, she spoilt us with a Swedish Christmas - we got to eat Swedish gingerbread and chocolate, and decorate the tree with her. We got to help her celebrate her 21st birthday. We got to meet her older brother. She cooked me Swedish meatballs.


But suddenly she is no longer here, and I can only wonder where the time went, we weren't ready for her to go, it seemed to creep up on us - it seemed like she would be here forever - even though we knew her visa was only for 12 months.



Time - it is a fleeting thing - one second ticks into the next and before you know it a minute has passed, and then an hour, a day, a week, a month, a year - and plans you had are not fulfilled - and yet I don't feel a year older. Before you know it she will have been back home in Sweden for the longest time and yet it will seem in some ways like she only left a moment ago.


Goodbye Swedish until we meet again, you always have a piece of my heart. xxx

3 comments:

  1. Don't think I have left forever! You will not escape me quite that easy :)

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think time starts to do this once you have children. Joel and I often look at the boys, then each other, almost in panic, realising just how fast it is all going.

    I hope you get to see your Swedish soon. Sounds like she's keen too. She was lucky to get to bask in your warmth for a year. I'm a little jealous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. time is money
    now days.am im right?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails