Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Monday, December 21, 2009

Be Safe This Festive Season

If there was one thing in my life I would change, it would be that my darling eldest grand-daughter had not had a life-changing car accident just before her 5th birthday. If there was any way I could go back in time and change the events of that day, I would do it in a heartbeat.

So, if and when you are out and about this festive season, please drive safe, drive sober and don't think it won't happen to you or yours, because accidents happen all the time. What started out as an early drive to drop someone off at work, ended up in an accident with a semi-trailer. I am sure when my daughter's friends headed off on that drive with my grand-daughter in the car - that was the last thing on her mind. It is now never far away from my thoughts as I am reminded every day of the possibilities lost.

So take care this festive season, be safe where ever you go.

2 comments:

  1. {{hugs}} to you and your family. My son was not driving safe or sober in 1996 when he hit that telephone pole. He will be forever 24. I understand what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bev, I am so sorry that your family has too suffered the tragedy of a traffic accident. You are in my thoughts, for while time may take the edges of the pain, the heart never totally heals. xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails