Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lest We Forget 2010


They shall not grow old, as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them.
Lest we forget.



As posted before here Anzac Day touches my heart with sadness at the lives lost, it touches my heart with gladness for a country saved through the sacrifices of so many men and women. It is beyond my comprehension that so many lives have been lost in war. Not just the lives of Australian and New Zealanders, but men and women and children on both sides of war. The hope in my heart is for peace all over the world, for acceptance of people for who they are no matter what their religion or the colour of their skin. I wish there was a way that all the peoples of the earth could have enough to eat, enough land, enough money to survive. I wish the world was free of dictators and the greedy who through their actions mean wars still happen. It may be a vain wish, but it is my wish. As Australians let us always remember the sacrifices made for us by so many. Lest we forget.



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails