Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting Better Every Day

I am happy to report that I have had a fairly pain free weekend. Last night hubby and I went to Dralion and the seating was not wonderfully wide and I had a very large man sit next to me for the second half which was not comfortable for either of us and by the end of the show my shoulder and hip were really sore. So much so we ended up not going to a friend's birthday party which was on and we had hoped to managed after the show. So when I went to bed last night I was worried about how I would sleep but did not take any pain killers. I slept really well. I am now back in the spare bed and having the extra room gives me space to really get into a position that suits my body. I miss having my lovely husband in bed with me, but it is a sacrifice we are both happy with if it means I can get better. If our bedroom was big enough for a king size bed we would be okay, but a queen is all we can fit in there.

Today I have had little pain at all, although my shoulder is a little tender now, but nothing compared to how it has been.

So I am hoping that Simon's work with me is clearing my meridians and allowing me to become pain free. I am also having weekly full back massage for the next 6 weeks to try and loosen my muscles so that they can work in combination with Simon's kinesiology.

My doctor put me on a course of stronger pain meds and anti-inflammatories but I have resisted going to the chemist and filling the scripts as I want to see what happens without resorting to more chemicals in my body. I'm not sure how she will react to all this as I haven't told her what I am doing, but it is my body and I really have to try.

So fingers crossed I continue down this path. There maybe some minor detours back to pain like last week as my body and mind fights to go back to the ways it has lived, but I am moving forward and that can only be a good thing. My hubby has also been home all this week and I think just having him here soothes my spirit, he is back on the Adelaide jaunts again from tomorrow and it will just be me and the cat until Thursday night, but I will cope.

Thank you to all my friends who have been so supportive recently, your prayers and thoughts really boost my spirit - a special thank you to my work sister - twins we are indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Great news that you are feeling an improvement and I can only wish you all the best what ever form of treatment you choose to follow. It is good to see you are thinking positively and, with the positive thoughts of those who love you, you can only win. Keep up the good work and good thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails