Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Monday, October 18, 2010

The Big Fail

Well I got cocky - after two great attempts at Banana Bread I thought I would try rhubarb crumble. FAIL - I over cooked it in an attempt to get the top to brown (as the recipe said it should). Hubby pretended to love it, sweet man that he is, but it was very average indeed. So maybe that ends my cooking in the new kitchen. Sigh - oh well, I am trying to lose weight so maybe no more cooking sweets is a good thing - glass half full and all that. But what made it worse was I was watching Junior Masterchef at the time, talk about making an adult feel lower than average - hee hee.

3 comments:

  1. Haha that is a crack-up! Those kids put me to shame too, don't worry. Hope it turns out better next time. I think you're very brave, rhubarb is one of those things I've never attempted because I've had good and i've had reeeeally quite bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Don't give up but perhaps not too much sweet stuff. Did the recipe say to brush the top of the pie with egg or milk or anything to help make it brown? I wouldn't worry too much about feeling inferior after watching one of those cooking shows (personally I hate them and find them boring) but just do what you want to do, the way YOU want to do it.
    P.S. I thought you were just going to cook the rhubarb on top of the stove...guess you got a little ambitious. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, that is exactly why I don't watch Junior Masterchef! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails