Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Much To Be Thankful For

All of us go through life and sometimes think things are hard or we have been treated unfairly, or maybe that we aren't loved enough, and I could go on and on with the list of 'bad' things that can happen in our life.

Now maybe this is my glass half full side coming out again, but for all of us who live in Australia we have much to be thankful for.

Sure some of us are homeless (I'm talking "us" on the larger scale here), some of us are sick and in pain, some of us have lost jobs, some of us have problems within our families. But if you live in Australia you can get help if you try, you have hospitals to go to and yes there might be queues and bed shortages but we are not turned away or have to sleep 2 or 3 to a bed. When we lose our jobs we have welfare - okay that maybe a little demeaning to ask for but at least we have somewhere to turn to. In Australia our children can go to school and not have to work or beg to support the family. If you get sick in Australia there is medicine available there is no shortage and yes we may have to pay for it but at least we can get it.

So I am thankful that I was born to Australian parents. I am thankful that Australia is a multi-cultural land with many religions and people from many lands. This gives us a chance to truly be people of the world. I am thankful that Australia opens it doors to those who need help, that we send our troops and doctors and nurses to other lands to help if it is needed. I am thankful that my children got an education, and that when my children and grandchildren need medical treatment it is available.

I am also thankful that I was born to parents who had a good work and family ethic. This has been passed on and I am thankful that because we have a good work ethic that all of us have roofs over our heads, food on our tables, clothes on our backs and that my husband and I are in a financial situation to help our children if they need it, just like my mother helped us when our children were young.

I am thankful that even though I have a lot of pain in my life, I can walk and talk and see.

I am thankful that even though my eldest granddaughter had a car accident that left her with medical problems she is still with us and that she is truly a beautiful child.

I am thankful that I am married to the most wonderful man who is now mopping my floors because I can't.

I am thankful that I have 4 beautiful intelligent grown up children of who I am very proud.

I am thankful that I have 2 granddaughters that are the light of my life and that I am here to spend my life with them, after all some mothers never get to see their grandchildren.

I am thankful that my mother has always been there for me and even though at times now she is demanding that at least she is still here in my life.

I am thankful that when I have a bad day and I think of all the things I am thankful for and that makes me feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails