Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Sunday, May 3, 2009

Raindrops On Roses

My favourite things ...

Raindrops on roses = my favourite flowers - roses and frangipanis

Whiskers on kittens - my favourite animals = cats and orangutans

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens - my favourite season = autumn, snuggled with a good book as gentle breezes blow and soft rain falls on the window.

Brown paper packages tied up with string = my favourite surprise = when I am working in the kitchen and my hubby comes up behind me and kisses my neck or gives me a cuddle

Cream coloured ponies and crisp apple strudels = my favourite food - chocolate

Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles = my favourite treat - visiting friends to share a meal

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings = my favourite part of the day - a full moon in a cloudless night sky all yellow as it rises over the hills

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes = visits from my grand-daughters

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes = cold winter nights snuggled in bed under my favourite blanket

Silver white winters that melt into spring = crisp frosty mornings

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel so bad. Hurry home my sweet man - 5 sleeps without you is almost too much to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails