Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Menopausal Mauve

My best friend who I have known since I was 16 once told me that menopausal women are drawn to the colour mauve (and sometime purple).  She owned a boutique for larger women/mothers of the bride and through her years of observation had come to this conclusion. To a large extent women I know who are older than me have shown this to be true as well.  

So I wonder why I am different - green is the colour that has been most prominent in my life in the last year or two.  This is surprising to me, as green would have been the colour I would have said was my least favourite throughout my life.  But over the last 2 years or so, I have chosen green towels, green paint for my living area, numerous green clothes, green cushions and green rings.  Now it is not a dark green I am drawn to, well except for a couple of my rings, but a sage green and sometimes one with an soft apple/lime tone. I wonder why - my masseuse tells me that green is my colour and that it is soothing to my soul - I really must explore this more.  I have also realised that when I was scrolling through all the possible templates available for this blog, what colour did I choose, but the green one!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails