Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hot In The City, Hot In The City Tonight!

Somehow I think that song had other connotations - maybe something to do with sex - or dating. But I am talking about these hot, hot nights when I can't sleep. The one thing that menopause (or Peri-menopause) has done for me is to increase my core temperature. I don't do true hot flushes yet, but I just feel hot all the time especially if there is any humidity in the air.

I have to admit I have never been a lover of summer weather - a nice 28 is about my comfort zone but there is something about having a night that is 28 that just does not agree with me. We don't have air-conditioning in the bedrooms, but we do have overhead fans, and I sleep under an open window, but it is not until about 4 o'clock in the morning that I feel cool enough to sleep well, and then by 5.30 I am too cold - what is with that?

So I think I would like to sing cool in the city, cool in the city tonight - please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails