Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Working less

Tomorrow I start my reduced working time - I am working one full 5 day week followed by a 3 day week. I have chosen to have Thurs and Fridays off every second week and this weekend I get a bonus extra Monday.

What I have realised though is I need a plan - a plan of how to spend my time on these days, I don't want to sleep them away and I don't want to fill them up with other people's plans for my time. Now that doesn't mean I might not plan to have a really lazy day and read or watch DVDs or spend time with my family - it just means it will be based on my terms not someone else's expectations.

Now this feels a little strange to me, putting it into words, but I have realised that I find it hard to say no. I never want to hurt people's feelings and I am aware that other people in my life sometimes need my help - and that is fine, but I need to learn to say "NO" if it is a day I have had something planned. Otherwise I may as well stay at work and get paid.

So, I am setting myself a goal, over the next couple of days I am going to write down something to do on at least 1 of the days I have off every fortnight that is just for me. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails