Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Tuesday, August 9, 2011

London's Burning

Image and article here


Who would have thought that the old nursery rhyme about the Great Fire of London would now be true again?

My heart breaks for the young man shot dead and for his family, I understand the initial anger felt by his community. Marching to protest, peacefully, well I understand that too.

I sort of even understand if they attack police stations or police cars.

But what I don't understand is this mob mentality that now means innocent people are losing their homes, their livelihoods, that old historic buildings are now burnt out shells.

Sure I get that Britain is undergoing some major fallout from the Global Financial Crisis, but people, these are first world problems. Grow up before martial law is enforced.

There are people dying in Africa, they are not rioting, they are leaving their starving children, choosing the strongest to take with them to try and survive. Grow up and appreciate what you have, stop the riots and turn your attention to those in the third world who will never, ever have what you have.

8 comments:

  1. I have been following the devastating news on the radio about what is happening in England and my heart breaks to think that this is taking place in London where my folks came from 90 years ago. I can only imagine how they would feel if they were still here to learn of what is happening in the old country. My dad played football for Tottenham Hotspurs which is the suburb where this all began a couple of days back. I dread what could happen in our own country in perhaps 20 or 30 years time. The whole world seems to have gone mad and you can only blame most of it on the human race, no matter what their colour or creed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A world gone mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you lovely...

    Would you mind letting Mimsie know I've tried to comment on her blog but blogger won't allow me too..

    I'm hoping she recovers soon and back to blogging xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaargh. And you are so right about the need for a bit of perspective. We often forget how lucky (in so many ways) we are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy. I'm guessing 95% of the rioters and looters have no idea what even started all this. Mob mentality indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your Blog and I thought I'd leave a note to say Hi. And I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. A proper perspective would be good right now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Lyn, glad you found me out there in cyberspace.

    @ Farmers Wifey, I will certainly let Mimsie know you have been trying to comment, it is a pain when blogger stops it happening.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails