Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Thursday, February 25, 2010

Any Ideas?




As part of my getting fit regime I have made a concerted effort to give up Coca Cola - I love to drink it, the full strength variety, especially on a hot summer's day. I drink around 2 litres of water every day - mainly at work and only drink Coke at home or when we are out. I hate the taste of Diet Coke and Coke Zero (in fact any artificially sweetened drink and I have tried them all).

So as an alternative I have been drinking sparkling mineral water and soda water - I add ice and lemon or lime slices - but really it is just like drinking water and I am over it.

Does anyone know any way of jazzing up mineral water or soda water that does not include sugar and/or alcohol? If so, can you please share with me - I will be eternally grateful.

7 comments:

  1. I've been doing the same with the sparkling water instead of diet coke, and I've really been digging the lime, myself. Maybe try some other fruits like mango or peach? Let me know if you find a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a dash of ginger? Or bitters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We find the diet ginger beer is good and don't notice any aftertaste.
    Incidentally Bitters I am pretty sure do contain alcohol.
    I find in hot weather the only drink I really want is water.
    Have you thought of trying iced tea? Weak with lemon. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bear with me on this one. I promise you it is nice. Cold peppermint tea mixed with mineral water. I know it sounds rank, but I started drinking it when we lived in the NT and it is truly refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a little bit of the nice lime cordial - I can't remember the brand but it comes in a glass bottle

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could try orange slices, it gives it a nice citrus-y taste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for their great ideas, I will give them all a go including yours Lucy - just got to get some peppermint tea. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails