Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Photo A Day - February Challenge - Day 10

Pretty Things - Part 2

This gorgeous fruit salad bowl (also has 4 little miniature bowls to serve in to) was my mother-in-laws. It was a wedding present when they married in 1954 - so coming up to 56 years old. There are a couple of small chips in two of the bowls which I wonder if I can get ground out. I think it is really special and a link back to my hubby's family. All the bowls are a soft green glass with frosted flowers and golden leaves, on 3 little curled feet.

I can see I am going to have to start throwing small dinner parties to use some of these lovely things I am inheriting.

3 comments:

  1. I still like yesterday's bowl better, but this is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope we get an invite to one of those small dinner parties when you use mum's crystal salad bowl lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! What time should we be there for dinner?! LOL!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm a follower of yours now too! Cheers!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails