Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Saturday, February 27, 2010

Photo A Day - February Challenge - Day 27

Another hot day here today and so I have stayed pretty much inside and out of the heat, so I was stuck for a photo opportunity and decided to raid my archives again.

Any idea what has happened here?




I found the new leaves of a Eucalyptus in the forest down near Pemberton. It was not much bigger than a seedling, although through natural regeneration rather than planting, and all its leaves carefully serrated by possibly a Leaf Cutter Bee. Although my research shows that they normally eat soft leaves and that they cut in neat circles, I can't for the life of me think what else it could have been.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I can't be of help here. I don't think I've ever seen that, either! Although, I must admit, the insect in question is quite the ARTIST!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if someone cut it with fancy scissors. Great find.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails