Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Saturday, February 13, 2010

Photo A Day - February Challenge - Day 13

Pretty Things Part 3

I have always had a desire to collect beautiful glass paper-weights. Not to have people give them to me as presents, but to choose them myself because there is something I love about them, or something that they will remind me of at a later time. It's not that I want a large collection but rather special pieces just for me to love.



When we visited Adelaide in 2004, we visited Ayers House - if you are ever in Adelaide it is well worth a visit - beautiful restored period house right in the City. So of course, as well as taking the tour, I visited the gift shop and found this beautiful aqua blue frosted paper-weight. The first in my collection.



A very beautiful reminder of a perfect long weekend in Adelaide - the first time my hubby and I visited there together.

1 comment:

  1. My grandmother collects paperweights. She has some truly stunning ones in her collection but I know she would adore yours. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails