Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Monday, February 22, 2010

Photo A Day - February Challenge - Day 22

I have always wanted a garden full of birds and so we have planted many Australian natives including lots of grevilleas - the most predominant being the Robyn Gordon pictured here. They have these beautiful big flower heads for most of the year and I think we have about 15 of this particular grevilleas plus 3 or 4 individual plants of other varieties. As a consequence our garden is always full of New Holland Honeyeaters, Little Honeyeaters, Wattle Birds, Little Brown Honeyeaters and other assorted birds. Not mention butterflies, dragonflies and native bees (and the feral ones as well). The really great thing about these plants are not only do they attract lots of wildlife they are fairly drought tolerant once they have established after their first winter in the garden. What sort of plants do you have in your garden?

1 comment:

  1. That's just beautiful! I lived in Florida for sixteen years, and loved my ixoras, palm trees, impatiens, and pentas. I got pretty good at taking care of them, I must say!

    Now, I've moved back up north and it's a whole different ball game!! I did plant a lilac bush (it's too hot for those in Florida!), and so far, so good!!

    Good luck with attracting birds!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails