Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Friday, February 12, 2010

Photo A Day - February Challenge - Day 12

I have mentioned elsewhere in my blog that my favourite flowers are frangipani and roses, we currently have 7 frangipani trees in various stages of growth in our garden, 3 in the ground and 4 in pots.

We have pink ones that have a gorgeous yellow tinge (2 of these),


2 standard white ones


and 3 red ones (unfortunately not in flower at the moment).

The red one (yes one was bought originally) was quite expensive so imagine my horror when one morning the pot was blown over in the easterly winds and pieces broken and scattered on the ground. Frangipanis are hardy plants and from this one broken beauty we now have 3 plants all growing strongly although not flowering, but the growth of leaves and branches is incredible.

I love the trees when they shed there leaves and stand there making beautiful shapes against the sky - my daughter calls them stick trees and can't understand how I can love something that is so ugly when they are in this phase. My way of thinking - all of us have an ungainly side at sometime in our lives, but these beauties, just like the ugly ducking turn into the most amazingly lush and verdant trees covered in clusters of flowers with a scent which is just divine. What's not to love?

1 comment:

  1. I love both those flowers too. Roses have been my long time favourite but we have none at this new house!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails