Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Monday, February 8, 2010

Memories on Monday - Those Were The Days


My 2nd boyfriend (and first husband and father of my eldest daughter) was a surfer. The whole nine yards - shaggy long blonde hair, blue eyes, station-wagon with boards on the top - every spare moment was spent chasing the waves with me in tow and quite often a few friends as well. I loved the carefree way we just got in the car and went wherever the waves were.



This pic is of me, aged 16 - (eating an orange), our friend Peta rugged up in her boyfriend's jacket and my hubby's cousin Graham (peeling an orange). It was taken on the beach somewhere in the SW on a beautiful winter's day. We just got up early one morning and drove south (3 1/2 hours) to surf, and then back the same day.

Those were the days my friends, those were the days. The days before responsibility became a part of my life, one day I might just do it again, who knows - stranger things have happened.


2 comments:

  1. My darling fiance has just bought himself a Holden Sandman panelvan. He had one when he was younger and did the whole surfie for a while. Mid life crisis anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life all seemed so simple then but unfortunately it just does not remain that way. Knowing you, anything is possible in the future though. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails