Welcome to my blog.

My blog expresses my views and thoughts and in no way intends to offend however that does not guarantee it wont.

I write in a stream of consciousness and sometimes the odd typo or bad grammar may appear - please excuse these.

Please feel free to leave a comment if something inspires you to do so.




Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Won - I Actually Won Something - Yippee


I entered the Love Summer, Love Cherries competition which was linked on the Childhood 101 blog and I won one of the major prizes. I can't believe it. I will be the proud owner of a Cherry Red iPod Nano - yippee.

My story (and that of the other 4 major prize winners) is not up on the site yet, so here is the gist of what I wrote for my entry (with a word limit it was hard).

I wrote about how when I was pregnant with my eldest daughter I used to crave cherries and used to visit the little fruit and veg shop down the road from where I worked buying cherries. This went on for pretty much all of the cherry season, which incidentally was the last trimester of my pregnancy.

My daughter now also loves cherries and I quite often buy some to share with her when I visit.

Woohoo, I am so excited.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails